If your home is heated by a boiler, you need a trusted HVAC professional who understands this type of system when it comes time to repair or replace it. At Bartlett & Steadman Plumbing, Heating & AC, we have over 65 years of experience providing boiler repair and installation services in Marblehead and surrounding areas. Whether you need a quick repair or a brand-new system, we’ll make sure the job is done right the first time. We even offer the convenience of 24-hour emergency service, so you always have access to reliable boiler repair services when you need them.
Common Boiler Problems
While boilers provide a great way to warm your home when they are working properly, just like any other heating system, they are prone to experience a range of problems from time to time. While you may be able to resolve some of these issues on your own, many of them will require the expertise of a professional.
Here are some of the most common problems you might experience with your boiler:
- No pilot light – This could be a result of a broken thermocouple, built-up deposit, a draft, or the natural gas being turned off.
- Inaccurate thermostat – If your thermostat is switched on and is set to the proper settings but still experiencing problems, it may need to be replaced.
- Leaking or dripping – As internal components wear out over time, it may cause a leak from your boiler.
- Loud banging or whistling sounds – Strange noises may come from your boiler when it has air in the system, low water pressure, or a part that is on the verge of failing.
- Radiators do not get hot – This issue can be due to sludge or air buildup inside the boiler.
- No heat – If your boiler isn’t producing heat, it could be from insufficient water levels, thermostat issues, or broken parts.
- Low pressure – If the pressure is too low in your boiler, it may be leaking or in need of a new pressure valve. You might also experience this problem if your radiators haven’t been bled recently.
- Rumbling noises – Water can become too hot and start to boil when there is limited water flow caused by sludge buildup in the heat exchanger.
- Boiler won’t stay on – Thermostat problems, low water pressure, a closed valve, or a malfunctioning water pump could all be reasons why your boiler keeps shutting off on its own.
- Frozen condensate pipe – Since this pipe is outside, it has the potential to freeze when temperatures are below freezing.
Not scheduling annual maintenance for your boiler can contribute to these types of problems. Our team is ready to suggest a maintenance plan that can help you avoid expensive repairs, make your boiler more efficient, and maximize its lifespan.
Professional Boiler Installations
If your boiler is old, worn out, and inefficient, our experts can help you replace it with a modern high-efficiency system. Prior to installation, we take great care to help you find a boiler that meets your needs and budget, and we ensure that it is properly sized. We will then install your new system, making sure all the components are hooked up correctly. With our trusted team taking care of the job for you, you can have peace of mind that the work complies with local codes for your safety and protection.
Looking for reliable boiler repair and installation services in Marblehead? Call Bartlett & Steadman Plumbing, Heating & AC at (781) 365-5828 today!
We keep a large amount of stock on hand to handle problems quickly without having to make any trips to a warehouse. Our trucks are a warehouse on wheels! We come prepared so you don't have to wait.
We understand the inconvenience of having an HVAC or plumbing problem in your home. We would want those issues to be treated with urgency if we were in your shoes! We treat our customers like family and get the job done ASAP!
Bartlett & Steadman has been in the family since 1954. Our owners live in town and will do whatever it takes to make sure your problems are solved quickly and efficiently - No matter what time you call!
We'll ensure that you are satisfied with the work performed through our Performance Guarantee, Satisfaction Guarantee, 'No Lemon' Heating Guarantee and 'No Lemon' Cooling Guarantee. Learn more here!
“Called them when they opened 7 am as our water tank burst in the middle of the night. They were there by 8 am and the work was complete by 10:30 am. Could not have been more pleased with the service” - Satisfied Customer